SmartStudio supports .mp4 and .m4v video file formats. If your video assets are in other formats you need to convert them to .mp4 so they can be used in a SmartStudio applet.
To convert and compress video assets, we recommend the free tool called "HandBrake" which is available as a free download for both Mac OS and Windows operating systems at https://handbrake.fr/downloads.php
To upload video files to HandBrake and compress them:
- Drag your video assets on top of the HandBrake interface, or click the "Source" button and select a video file on your computer.
- Click the "Toggle Presets" button to view presets list, and click the iPad preset.
- HandBrake also gives you the ability to resize your video - change its pixel dimensions. To resize your video click the "Picture Settings" button and enter desired pixel dimensions under Width and Height fields. Ensure the "Keep Aspect Ratio" is checked, to maintain video proportions.
- To preview the final result prior to Starting the Encoding process click the Preview Window button.
- To encode your video click the Start button.